It’s a new website where Dan Ariely discusses the new Apple Pay system, Peter Feaver considers the threat of ISIS, Priscilla Wald asks why Americans are so scared of Ebola and Karla Holloway ponders a post-racial America. Launched earlier this month, the Duke News Tumblr has begun sharing the views of these and other university […]
If you don’t know Sonja Foust yet, you should. She’s our colleague who manages the “big” Duke YouTube channel and spends lots of time thinking about how to market Duke’s great videos. To start off the fall semester, Sonja has put together a few quick notes for you on YouTube updates. from Sonja to Duke […]
We all have great content and we love to see it tweeted, liked, pinned, tumbld, and otherwise shared in whichever social media platforms people fancy. These platforms are all getting smarter, and are increasingly doing more to find and distinguish the truly shareworthy stuff that lives at the other end of those shortened URLs. With […]
Last month, I traveled to Lenox, MA to co-present on social media in admissions with Ma’ayan Plaut at the Consortium on Financing Higher Education (COFHE) 2014 Retreat. As part of the presentation, we created a quick handout to provide a quick glimpse at social media strategy and definitions for some of the most commonly used social […]
This interview originally appeared as a CASE blog post by Janna Crabb. As part of a series of blog posts around Google +, I talked with Cara Rousseau, manager, digital and social media strategy at Duke University, about the school’s use of the platform. Q: Tell us a little bit about the Google + presence your department manages and […]
Few things hold a captive audience for more than a few minutes in our busy media environment. That’s why the viral “2048” game stood out to me. After seeing a few hilarious examples using the 2048 game template around the web, our digital team brainstormed how we could make a Duke version. We decided to reward those who played our version […]
People love seeing photos of themselves online. “Selfie” was word of the year for a reason, after all. But if there’s one thing the Internet has taught us, it’s that as much as people love seeing themselves, they love adorable pictures of animals even more. And if you turn that into their adorable animals, well, […]
The social media universe has seen many changes this semester. WhatsApp was purchased by Facebook for $19 billion. Snapchat usage blew up. Google+ lost its founder. Facebook changed their algorithm again and again and again … Here at Duke, we’ve been busy over the past few months. Our social media team created a Duke-styled 2048 game. We hosted […]
Do you work with social media in higher education and wonder whether you should focus on Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram … or something else? Which investment will give you the biggest benefit? Which matches best with the content you typically produce? A new video from Duke’s Office of News & Communications, “Using Social Media Effectively in […]
This is a guest blog post by Audra Ang, senior development writer and social media coordinator for the Duke Forward campaign. It’s been a very interesting—and a very humbling—process trying to establish a social media presence from ground up for the Duke Forward campaign. Building a following across channels is only one key piece of […]
- Duke Launches New Tumblr: Site uses social media platform to highlight Duke experts November 14, 2014
- YouTube Tips and Resources August 27, 2014
- How to Enhance Links to Your Webpages in Social Network Shares (Hint: It’s All in the Metadata) August 13, 2014
- A Social Media Glossary July 25, 2014
- Q&A on Duke University’s Google + Presence July 11, 2014
- 5 Blogging Tips For Newbies October 19, 2012
- A refresh for Duke’s social media website May 4, 2012
- [UPDATE] Facebook’s Cover Image Area May 3, 2013
- Duke is Chatting in Chinese on Sina Weibo January 10, 2013
- Infographic: The New Face of SEO November 28, 2012
- Ana: What a great idea! Thanks for putting together thi...
- paid search engine marketing: This is very interesting, You are a very skilled b...
- Walter Pinem: really nice, and I think it's really useful for n...
- Michael Palko: Wow!! Up 39! Great job!...
- Michael Palko: Congrats on the new position, Amanda! Looking f...